The Altogether Autism Conference is being held on 19th & 20th July 2017 at the Holiday Inn Auckland Airport Hotel, Auckland.
The aim of the 2017 conference is focused on supporting and empowering autistic people to make successful transitions.
The conference will be a unique opportunity for autistic people, parents/whanau and professionals, to come together to discuss best practice, hear lived experiences and share learnings. We are looking for a range of speakers who can draw on their experience and expertise of the changing environment and latest developments in the field of autism, to provide information and strategies to generate successful and positive outcomes for individuals and families living with autism.
Proposals submitted should:
- Not exceed 350 words
- Emphasise two or three key points that you wish to address
- Ensure there is an explicit link to the aim of the conference which is to upskill, to educate and to raise awareness
State whether presentation or workshop delivery.
- Presentations are…
- Workshops …
Your submission should broadly relate to the Conference theme of Transitions, and educate or raise awareness of autism in the areas of:
- Current and emergent research
- Best practice
- Quality and effective supports
- Self advocacy
Presentations and workshops can include:
- Best practice approaches
- Theoretical perspectives and principles
- Personal stories and experiences, including those from people with autism and their families
- Interactive activities
Please state whether your submission is a:
- 25 minute presentation (20 minute plus 5 minutes for questions)
- 55 minute presentation (45 minute plus 10 minutes for questions)
- 50 minutes or 110 minutes
A committee will peer review all proposals and they will be selected by these criteria:
- Relevance to the conference aim
- Clarity of abstract
- Ability to address the breadth and scope of the conference audience
All conference presenters are required to register for the conference and cover their own costs, including registration, travel and accommodation.
If you would like to present at the conference but you need some assistance, please indicate this on your abstract.
20th March 2017